The Twin Cities Auto Show’s move from the Minneapolis Convention Center to the Fairgrounds will provide fair food-lovers with a real treat. That’s because the event is waking 16 beloved vendors from their winter slumber to serve up some State Fair faves.
Happening from Saturday, May 15 through Sunday, May 23, this year’s Auto Show – now outdoors – will include food offerings from more than a dozen State Fair vendors.
Here’s the list – and be sure to note, those with an asterisk will also serve beer and wine:
- Al’s Subs – Sub Sandwiches, Soft Serve Ice Cream Cones, Malts, Sundaes, and Root Beer Floats
- Ball Park Café – Assorted Beers and Snacks
- Barona – Lemonade and Cheese-on-a-Stick, and Jalapeño Cheese-on-a-Stick
- Blue Moon Dine-In Theater – Wood-Fired Pizza (Sausage, Pepperoni, Sausage and Pepperoni, Cheese); Wood-Fired Pulled Pork, Wood Fired Sausages (Brat, Polish, Andouille), Shakes (Vanilla and Chocolate)
- Coasters Beer Garden* – Variety of Burgers, Chicken Sandwiches, Pulled Pork Sandwich, French Fries, Onion Rings, Nachos, Hot Dogs, and Beverages
- Colonial Nut Roll – Nut Rolls in a Variety of Flavors
- Fresh French Fries – French Fries and Beverages
- Hansen’s Foods
– Foot Long Hot Dogs and Corn Dogs
- Hildebrand Concessions*
– Assorted Burgers, including Cali B, Boom Boom, Kimi Goes to Nashville and No Frills, plus Pulled Pork Mango Tango and “How Sweet It Is” Root Beer Glazed Pork Chop on a Stick
– Chicken Tenders, Prime Rib Taco, Walleye Taco, Gorilla Bread, and Beverages
- Mancini’s Al Fresco*
– Steak Sandwich, Porketta Wings, Coney Islands, Garlic Toast, Ice Cream, Root Beer Floats
- Pronto Pup – Pronto Pups, Jumbo Pickles, and Beverages
- Sweet Martha’s Cookie Jar
– Cone o’ Cookies, Take Home Pail, Milk, Coffee, and Water
- The Original Cheese Curds – Deep Fried Cheese Curds and Beverages
- The Perfect Pickle
– Deep Fried Dill Pickle Slices, Dill Pickle on a Stick and Beverages
- Tom Thumb Mini Donuts
– Mini Donuts, Pink Lemonade and other Beverages
The Twin Cities Auto Show features hundreds of new cars, trucks, SUVs, and specialty vehicles, on display throughout the Fairgrounds. Adult tickets (ages 16+) are $15 in advance (only a couple bucks more than a State Fair ticket) or $20 at the gate. Teens 11-15 get in for $5.
There will also be a Military Appreciation Day May 18, where admission is free for veterans and current members of the military (with family and friends getting $7 off). May 19 is half-price Wednesday, meaning $10 tickets for adults. Parking is free.