MANISTEE – Food processing workers and migrant and seasonal farm workers are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, District Health Department #10 announced Tuesday.
Individuals in this category can sign up on DHD#10’s Phase 1B Priority Frontline Worker vaccination waitlist.
Employers should identify frontline essential workers within the following categories who are at greatest risk for COVID-19:
• Higher frequency, duration, or intensity of contact with other people (close contact or many contacts)
• Lower ability for all in attendance to follow mitigation measures (such as use of face coverings and distancing)
The following individuals currently fall into the food processing and migrant and seasonal farm worker categories.
Food processing workers includes some workers in:
• Meat processing and meatpacking facilities
• Processing of fruit and vegetables
• Dairy processing
• Animal feed manufacturing
• Food and animal feed ingredient manufacturing
• Beverage production
• Production of food packaging
Migrant and seasonal farm workers includes workers who are by the nature of their work in close proximity and contact with other people, such as workers involved in agricultural commodities including: